Frequently Asked Questions


Q1: How do I enroll my child into Nanyang Kindergarten?

Parents have to come to Nanyang Kindergarten personally at 51 Coronation Road S(269460) to place their child on the Wait List. They are required to bring the child's birth certificate together with a S$100 in either cash or cheque. We will place the child in the Wait List according to the priority phase.

The Priority phase will be given to the following:

Phase 1: Sibling of children currently studying in Nanyang Kindergarten
Phase 2: Sibling of Nanyang Kindergarten graduate
Phase 3: Parent who is an Nanyang Kindergarten graduate
Phase 4: Nanyang Alumni member
Phase 5: Member of public

The remaining vacancy will then be given to the children in the Wait List based on first-come first-served basis.

Q2: At what age can my child be enrolled into Nanyang Kindergarten?

We follow MOE's policy on age requirement, whereby children born on 1 January join the cohort of the previous year.

The following table shows the age requirement for admission in 2017.

Children Born Between
2 Jan 2014 - 1 Jan 2015
2 Jan 2013 - 1 Jan 2014
Kindergarten 1
2 Jan 2012 - 1 Jan 2013
Kindergarten 2
2 Jan 2011 - 1 Jan 2012

Q3: When does Nanyang Kindergarten do their registration?

We do the registration of new students in May every year.

When will I expect a confirmation from Nanyang Kindergarten regarding my child's enrollment?

We will enlist those children who are in the above-mentioned priorities first. The remaining vacancies will be given to the rest of the children in the Wait List based on the first-come first-served basis. You will only receive a call from Nanyang Kindergarten if your child has been given a vacancy in our school.

How do we ensure our child gets priority in the enrolment in entering Nanyang Kindergarten?

There is no way to ensure that as Nanyang Kindergarten adheres strictly to our registration criteria.

I am a foreigner. I would like to enroll my child into Nanyang Kindergarten. How do I go about doing it?

Any child who is not a Singaporean needs to have a valid student pass to study in Singapore. With a confirmation letter or document from the principal of the Nanyang Kindergarten, you can apply to the Immigration Department for a student pass to enable your child to stay and study in Singapore. Exemption from student pass is given to a child who is on a valid dependent pass because his/her parent is working in Singapore.

Can I view the school campus at Nanyang Kindergarten before I enroll my child?

Yes. You can call 6463 2771 to arrange an appointment to view Nanyang Kindergarten. No visitations are allowed without an appointment.

<< Back to FAQs


Career with Us | FAQs | Contact Us | Testimonials
Copyrights © Nanyang Kindergarten 2006. All Rights Reserved.